These gorgeous chillies did not come from our CSA distributor Amelishof, but I harvested them myself — on our balcony! You might remember I swapped a head of endive for a couple of red hot pepper saplings in May. That was a good deal! I throw these buggers in almost any dish, but they keep on coming. I’m thinking of making sambal… :)
And here’s the picture of this week’s CSA loot.
- red bell pepper
- hokkaido pumpkin
- chicory (curly leaf endive or frisée)
- red leaf lettuce
- shallots (yay!)
Menu plan with these (& last week’s) vegetables
- Courgette omelet with fresh basil, pasta salade with pesto and tomatoes
[Wednesday] New recipe from ‘Vega Gerechten’ cookbook.
- Roasted beet salad, cabbage dish with leek & mustard seeds, potato mash
Have made these recipes from ‘Vega Gerechten’ cookbook before.
- Chinese take-away [Saturday: read-a-thon]
- Indian night: Gujarati carrot salad with fresh mint, lime and mustard seeds, basmati rice, Diu corn curry
Trying out new recipes from World Food Café Global Vegetarian Cooking.
- Endive-potato mash with blue cheese & cashews
Easy all-time favourite.
- Basil spaghetti with sauce of soy cream, mushrooms, leek, sun-dried tomatoes, bell pepper & pinenuts, accompanied by tomato-rocket salad.
Will just make it up while cooking.
- And… (drum roll) carrot cake!!! I had it for a treat during the read-a-thon and it was Very Good. The recipe came from a magazine cut-out I had been wanting to try — hope to post it soon!
I have nothing planned yet for my pie pumpkin. That’s because I want to make something special out of it for the Kookgrrls’ October theme! During the read-a-thon someone mentioned pumpkin pancakes… Yum! And tanabata from In Spring it is the Dawn was eating pumpkin bagels for breakfast.
I did have a really nice Halloween cookies recipe but strangely enough it has disappeared from earth (& cyberspace). Sigh. Maybe one of the other grrls will put up a pumpkin recipe that I can try! :)
Or do you have a nice suggestion for a veggie pumpkin recipe?