Gnoe’s Graasland (‘Grassland’) is a prairie showing a variation of wild flowers, grasses and shrubbery. In other words: an eclectic weblog, evolving over time. My nickname ‘Gnoe’ is Dutch for gnu (almost identically pronounced) a.k.a. wildebeest. And I roam my fields in freedom.
As a museum (information) specialist I’m clearly interested in cultural & natural Heritage. That’s probably why I try to keep my ecological footprint to a minimum? I love film, reading, snailmail, journaling (art, smash-, junk-, travel-, bullet), hiking, GOOD food – which must be vegan, cooking & baking, bento and anything relating to it. I was a lacto-ovo vegetarian until January 27th 2011, so up until that date you will find posts sharing recipes/bentos that may containing eggs and dairy. To be completely clear: those are not vegan.
I have a fascination for Japan and Indonesia – without ever having been there (LONG story), and have very fond feelings for the Provence (France) and Cappadocia (Turkey).
Nowadays I mostly post in English, but I have not always done so: I started out in Dutch and went through a transition period in which I alternated between languages. To make Graasland accessible to international readers I keep a special ‘English posts‘ category.
Gnoe is featured on several other places in cyberspace.
As a book blogger
- I’m part of Leeswammes’ Book Bloggers Abroad guest post series
As a bentoïst
- Food journalist Janneke Vreugdenhil wrote a column about Gnoe & bento in a major national newspaper: nrcnext.
- Following the nrcnext article Bento Babe plugged my site some more.
- My autumnal Tsukimi Bento won the September 2010 B.O.M.B. challenge on hapa bento.
- ‘The Big Onigiri’ Maki spotlighted my Bright — Light in the Dark Days — Bento in her Great Bento Idea of the Week series on JustBento, the place to go for veteran & maiden bentoïsts.
I also used to contribute to the collaborative Dutch Kookgrrls’ foodies weblog.
Contact details on my contact page.
Gnoe on Instagram
Gnoe Graasland in Goodreads
@graasland on Twitter (inactive)
Shashinjutsu and Gnoe’s Postcrossing on Flickr (semi-inactive)
Gnoe on Swap-Bot (semi-inactive)
Gnoe on Postcrossing (inactive)
Gnoe at Bookcrossing (inactive)