You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘terry romero hope’ tag.
Although autumn weather has been really kind to us so far, the past two days have been really cold (east wind brrrrr) and anyway: Sinterklaas dinner has to be a hearty, wintery meal no matter what the temperature. Comford food! As I mentioned on Monday we’re having company, so we decided on a three course meal which I’ll post below. But first our plan for the rest of the week. I hope you’ll find some inspiration in our meal planning?!
Menu plan 4 – 9 December
- Thursday: spaghetti with tomato-veggie sauce.
- Friday (Sinterklaas): see below.
- Saturday: purple kale-potato mash with homemade seitan sausages from Isa Does It (p.237).
- Sunday: Indonesian style meal with nasi goreng, sambal goreng kool (cabbage) and a tempeh dish that has to be decided. Also plan on making atjar tjampoer with the rest of the cabbage plus carrots.
- Monday: vegetable stirfry with tofu
- Tuesday: [leftovers]
- Starters: ‘Pumpkin Duo’ = pumpkin-sunchoke soup and a pumpkin-potato pierogi with garlic-herb sauce on a bed of two kinds of mustard leaves.
- Entrée: beer-braised seitan with carrots and sunchokes (Vegan Eats World), oven-baked french fries and large-leaf chicory salad with apple, clementine and walnuts.
- Dessert: kukicha tea poached pears with candied ginger (Vegan Eats World).
- After dinner: tea with liqueur bonbon and Inca berries to compensate ;)
Leftover in our fridge are carrots and 4 or five sunchokes. Plenty of options with those!