Although autumn weather has been really kind to us so far, the past two days have been really cold (east wind brrrrr) and anyway: Sinterklaas dinner has to be a hearty, wintery meal no matter what the temperature. Comford food! As I mentioned on Monday we’re having company, so we decided on a three course meal which I’ll post below. But first our plan for the rest of the week. I hope you’ll find some inspiration in our meal planning?!
Menu plan 4 – 9 December
- Thursday: spaghetti with tomato-veggie sauce.
- Friday (Sinterklaas): see below.
- Saturday: purple kale-potato mash with homemade seitan sausages from Isa Does It (p.237).
- Sunday: Indonesian style meal with nasi goreng, sambal goreng kool (cabbage) and a tempeh dish that has to be decided. Also plan on making atjar tjampoer with the rest of the cabbage plus carrots.
- Monday: vegetable stirfry with tofu
- Tuesday: [leftovers]
- Starters: ‘Pumpkin Duo’ = pumpkin-sunchoke soup and a pumpkin-potato pierogi with garlic-herb sauce on a bed of two kinds of mustard leaves.
- Entrée: beer-braised seitan with carrots and sunchokes (Vegan Eats World), oven-baked french fries and large-leaf chicory salad with apple, clementine and walnuts.
- Dessert: kukicha tea poached pears with candied ginger (Vegan Eats World).
- After dinner: tea with liqueur bonbon and Inca berries to compensate ;)
Leftover in our fridge are carrots and 4 or five sunchokes. Plenty of options with those!