I did some extra cleaning for the turn of the year, but that’s not what this post is about.
Maybe you noticed I haven’t been writing much lately; I even stopped (b)logging my weekly vegetable haul. Furthermore, I failed to make photos since December. O_o I guess I fell into some sort of winter slump.
CSA season ended the week before Christmas but there are still many greens left in the fridge… Not that fresh any more. :\ So now that the new year has begun I’m resolved to take up menu planning again — and actually started a few days ago. The pantry and refrigerator need to be emptied of 2012’s remains!
- Brussels sprouts
- Red cabbage
- Savoy cabbage
- 1/3 courgette
- Chilli-tomato sauce
- Stewed pears (Yogi kookschrift: Bord 1-5)
- Pickled Seaweed
- Blue Sheese
- Open package of silken tofu
- Open package of soy cream
- Open package of oat cream
Once we’ve depleted this surplus we’ll get organic Odin vegetables till our local veggies return in May.
Menu plan December 30th 2012 – Januari 2nd 2013
- Roasted parsnip & carrot salad with thyme (Ecofabulous 151), mashed potatoes with celeriac, Asian “lemon chicken” and stewed pears, red grapefruit for dessert [Sunday]
- Tomato soup (freezer stash) and pita bread with bean-corn-avocado salad with leftover chilli-tomato sauce, homemade oliebollen (Ecofabulous 167): traditional New Year’s fritters [Monday]
- Spicy red cabbage with tofu and gingerbread… (Ecofabulous 138), mashed potatoes and salad [Tuesday]
- Microwave teriyaki, yuzu scented winter vegetable tsukemono and Brussels sprouts with sesame [Wednesday]
Further planning will follow on Thursday. Now I’m hopping into the kitchen to cook dinner!