I had to play truant for a couple of days, but now I’m back at VeganMoFo with my traditional CSA (b)log post and menu plan.
- Red, yellow & chioggia beets
- Silver beet
- Lollo Bionda lettuce
- Hokkaido pumpkin
- Doyenné pears
I still got last week’s runner beans and will be getting cauliflower and purple kale tomorrow from another local organic garden. So what’s up this week?
Menuplan Thursday October 11th – Wednesday 17th
- Thursday: homemade tomato soup, leftover pasta with pesto, and leftover saag with chickpeas made into a pasta sauce with mushrooms, leek and baked onions.
- Friday: rice with chili (freezer stash), avocado, home-made salsa picante and steamed silver beet.
Baking pumpkin crumb cake with pecan streusel from Veganomicon (p.255) for my friend Loes’ birthday. Will adapt the streusel to a nut mix as I don’t have enough pecans.
- Saturday: Turkish beans (taze fasulye), carrot-walnut salad with soygurt dressing (cevizli havuç salatasi) adapted from Lokanta cookbook and pide bread or a grain dish.
- A variation of The Green Cuisine’s pumpkin-paprika soup -another VeganMoFo inspired dish!- and beet-potato salad
- Baked potatoes, veggiedogs and sautéed silverbeet with creamy cauliflower ‘queso’ from Cadry’s Kitchen.
- Quesadillas with leftover cauliflower ‘queso’; autumn salad with beetroot and baked pear/apple adapted from Baking Made Easy.
- Dessert: sugared puff pastry with pear and chocolate syrup.
- Snack: kale chips (or this VeganMoFo spicy kale recipe from The Green Cuisine).
- Sandwich spread: eggless salad with last week’s celery. Recipe recommendations really MUCH appreciated!