The week is almost over but I didn’t have an opportunity to share my CSA vegetables and menu plan before today! I bet you could hardly wait.. ;P
- turnip tops
- lollo rosso lettuce
- 3 varieties of radish
In addition on Friday I got some local organic broad beans, marrowfat peas, cilantro and (curled) parsley.
Other ingredients in my fridge that need to be used up:
- 3 stalks of rhubarb
- scapes (garic shoots)
- snow peas
- spring onions
- open jar of cooked brown lentils
- soy cream
- La Bute Island’s “blue cheese style” Sheese
firm tofu silken tofu
- creamy basil dressing
- rhubarb chutney & syrup
- cranberry compote
Menu plan June 27th – July 3rd
- [Wednesday] Turkish takeaway from Ana’s Kuzin for Mr Gnoe’s B-day!
Starters: prosecco wine with mixed nuts, Lebanese & pide bread, houmous, baba ganoush, antep ezmesi (chilli peppers, tomato, garlic & herbs) and non-vegan eggplant-yoghurt spread (ali nazik).
Entrée: Imam Bayildi (stuffed eggplant), börülce (beans in spicy tomato sauce), kisir (summer salad), rice with chickpeas and bulgur with peas.
Dessert: fresh mint tea with homemade (!) baklava, limoncello ice from Roberto’s and cherry, followed by ice wine.
- [Thursday] Turkish leftovers (including dessert! :)) and mixed salad with pide croutons.
- [Friday] Chloe Coscarelli’s avocado-pesto pasta
with steamed snow peasand spicy sautéed turnip tops with mustard & pecans (great recipe that I will share someday).
- [Saturday] Mr Gnoe: probably something cheesy ;) / Gnoe herself: lunch &
veggie BBQ@ Viva Las Vegas Food fest > leftovers at home because I was too tired to stay for the party.
- [Sunday] Lunch: Happy Herbivore’s fat-free tofu scramble with mushrooms using black salt for the 1st time!
Dinner: escarole mash with ‘blue cheese style’ Sheese, oven-roasted cashews and mushroom gravy, sided with cool cucumber salad (La Dolce Vegan! p.83) and more baklava for dessert.
- [Monday] Leek & potato soup with cilantro (La Dolce Vegan! p.109), mini crustless tofu quiches and broad bean salad (Mediterraan koken p.48).
Rice with Teresa’s garlic shoot stir fry (La Dolce Vegan! p.138) OR another scape recipe via PPK forum (to be decided) with eggplant.
Optionals: Wolffie’s Black Bean & Lentil Salad (La Dolce Vegan! p.72), puy lentil-carrot salad.
What’s on YOUR menu this week?