A big pile of organic veggies this week!
- snow peas
- frisée lettuce
- french onions
- Swiss chard
- garlic scapes (flower stems)
- strawberries for the 3rd time in a row!
And here’s what we’re planning to make with it!
Menuplan 20-26 June
- Wednesday: lentil loaf, escarole salad with snow peas and mustard vinaigrette (Eethuis Iris’ Verrukkelijk vegetarischp.41), fried basmati rice leftovers, sautéed Swiss chard
My lentil loaf fell apart but that was no wonder as I found some essential ingredients still on the kitchen counter the next morning… :\ Will need to have another go at it!
- Thursday: Swiss chard tempeh with tomato (Vegweb), Mediterranean quinoa (herbes de Provence, balsamic vinegar), tomato salad with La Dolce Vegan!’s creamy basil dressing
- Friday: Kathleen’s Mom’s tortilla chip soup (adapted form La Dolce Vegan p.122) with nachos and mexican salad (corn, tomato, snow peas, cucumber, basil-chilli dressing)
- Saturday: carrot-beet soup (freezer stash) and small baguette with Veggiedeli’s Leberkase, fried onions and vegetable toppings
- Sunday: cauliflower with Wolffie’s ‘cheesy’ sauce (La Dolce Vegan p.175), Ottolenghi’s beetroot & rhubarb salad with Bute Island’s Blue Cheese Style Sheese, Vegalicious‘ tofu kabobs with rhubarb chutney (translated in Dutch on Plantaardigheidjes), potato mash
- Monday: pasta with creamy sundried tomato-basil sauce and broccoli (La Dolce Vegan p.133), leftover beetroot salad
Tuesday: eggplant bharta (La Dolce Vegan p.144), puy lentil-carrot salad & prefab naan or homemade chapati (La Dolce Vegan p.267), or flatbread