Bento no.147 had already been baptized Bow Tie Bento but when I saw all the frills I had put in I decided to add the term ‘baroque’ as well. Roccoco might have been better but I like alliteration. Have you noticed? ;)
And then there was that whole tier full of brownies that couldn’t be ignored… So today’s bento is a real tongue-twister! ;)
- fruit — classic combination of melon and red berries (with a few cherries added)
- pasta salad with green beans, tree onions and caper berries (in fruschetta dressing) on a bed of curly red leaf lettuce
- green olive
- curled carrot (hehehe I bet you want to know how to do that! ;)
- half a veggie sausage hiding underneath spring onion tassel
- radish flowers
- spicy roasted chickpeas (bento #145 contains link to recipe), sunflower seeds and pepitas
- cucumber flower cup with hummus to dip
- switchback cut gherkins
- beach ball radish
- golden raisins
- mini carrots
- not shown: tumbler of fresh orange juice
And here’s the box full of vegan brownies!
Now you didn’t think I was going to eat them all by myself, did you? I baked a whole batch for a friend’s birthday on Sunday and these leftovers are to be shared with my co-workers at coffee time. Did I mention my colleagues are always happy to see me? ;P
You can find a link to the recipe for these popular vegan brownies in my Belated B-day Bento post.
Find more bentos at Shannon’s What’s for Lunch Wednesday (week 60).
CSA (local & organic): green beans, St. Jansui, lettuce
Local & organic: carrot, cucumber, spring onion, red berries
Organic: vegan sausage, pasta, chickpeas