- (Bundle) leek
- Red Batavian lettuce
- Endive frisée
- Bundle garlic (spring garlic)
Yum, I’ve been anticipating those strawberries for a whole week! So much that I couldn’t resist buying some in the days in between ;) The very last one ended up in yesterday’s cold noodle bento. These strawberries in our CSA vegetable bag come from about 3 miles from our home! #greenliving ;) We immediately had them for dessert last night, so no need to come over to have a taste! ;)
I did manage to keep Ringo from devouring the endive (he haz a taste for it), so you may want to hop over one of the other nights?
Menu plan June 2-8 2011
- Asian fusion: tofu in tausi black bean sauce (leftover Chinese takeaway), nasi goreng (fried rice) and toemis spinach (Vegetarisch Indonesisch kookboek p.45) [Wednesday]
- Mexican night: bean burritos with steamed spinach [Thursday]
Bihoen with faux ‘chicken’ (leftover Chinese takeaway) andToemis endive (Vegetarisch Indonesisch kookboek p.46), pangek brown borlotti beans (Vegetarisch Indonesisch kookboek p.51), nasi koening (freezer stash) and salad with leftover miso dressing
- Endive-potato mash with mushroom gravy (La Dolce Vegan p.181), onion and vegan sausage, salad
- Tomato-garlic pie (Amelisbode wk.22), green salad
- Gnocchi with grilled zucchini and tomato salad
I’ll leave you with two more pictures of dishes from last week’s menu plan. The noodle salad was good, especially with emping for topping (chopped nuts will probably be great too), so I’ll definitely make that again. The leek soup recipe was a bit of a disappointment though — will need to look further!