Today is the 10-week anniversary of Gnoe going ExtraVeganza! It has been going well and I feel really good about it all; I finally have some peace of mind. Of course it’s not all easy (like spontaneously eating out), but I expect most hurdles will get easier in time. Although I’m not sure yet what to do about Easter… :\
We’ve got nothing special planned for today — in fact there’s usually something easy for dinner on Thursday and tonight it’s falafel. Yum!
Hiking Bento (#138)
Even before I started my ExtraVeganza! pilot project at the end of January I had already taken on the challenge of veganizing my bentos. Resulting in a 100% plant-based bento year!
Yesterday’s was a box of four o’clock goodies that I ate on stage 6 of the Groene Hartpad with @variomatic, a 12 km hike from Nieuwkoop to Slikkendam. We wanted to walk on a bit longer but then we would have had to continue for another 10 kilometres and that really was too much… The weather was absolutely awesome so we had a great day out! Let’s get that summer going! ;)
- Braised eggplant
- Nasi goreng (fried rice)
- ‘Facon Bacon’ strips (tempeh)
- Endive, radish, cucumber and wasabi sesame details
- BBQ-style mushrooms (cremini and portobello)
- Stir-fried spinach & leek with sesame seeds
- Radish divider and cucumber flower
- Dried fruit (cranberries & apricots)
- Nuts (cashews, walnuts, peanuts & pecans)