From Friday to Sunday I’ll be participating in the 4th Bloggiesta Fiesta hosted by our ever faithful Natasha from Maw Books Blog. Since I joined for the 2nd edition I always look forward to this semi-yearly event.
No way that I’m going to manage all of these chores in just one weekend! I’ll just be picking to-dos from different categories as I please. It’s weekend and I’m meant to enjoy myself! :)
Like previous times I want to focus on the work I mean to get done, so I’ll be keeping mini-challenges and other wogging (‘werk ontwijkend gedrag’ = displaying work avoiding behaviour) to a minimum — there’s always time to check out the other sparkling new blogs when the weekend is over! Though I probably won’t be able to ignore #bloggiesta in my twitter timeline ;)
To do in advance
- make task list and blog ✔
- prepare starting line post
- make bloggiesta template
- decide on time frame updates
- (template finish line post)
- back-up blog
- update ‘About’-page with pages I’m featured at
- clean up sidebar (challenge buttons)
- template: ō etc.
- edit Sakura lyrics in 2010 Hanami post
- add image to blogpost Books Read in 2008
- add tag ‘weekendcooking’ to Weekend Cooking posts
- make page ‘Read in 2011‘ for progress on BOTNS +11 reading challenge
- write at least 1 recipe or food related post (urgent: ExtraVeganza!)
- write at least 1 book related post, preferably ‘review’ (JLit wrap-up is urgent too)
- work on at least 1 post about another subject (relatively urgent: Hello Japan! January mission)
- clean up challenge pages: current & finished
- clean up at least some of the last 11 posts in ‘Uncategorized‘ category
- clean up Graasland to-do list in Netvibes (categories: 1st thing/later/maybe; and separate list(s) for post subjects?)
- create Netvibes tab for ExtraVeganza pilot
- clean up/organise rss-feeds in Netvibes tabs: decide on fav blogs to follow
- wrap-up reading challenges 2010
- movies watched in 2010
- sambal bawang or red beet hummus recipe
- review of Christmas Quilt/The Sea/Affinity/Golden Pavilion/Pillow Book etc.
- Purge that Pantry! Challenge / Eating vegetarian in Funchal, Madeira / Fav Indo Restaurants etc.
- etc. etc.
- claim graasland domain? (research)
- decide on set weekly time to blog
- decide on finishing or discarding draft Index Page for film & book reviews
If I feel accomplished enough about the stuff I’m getting done on my own blog, I might also put in some time for the Dutch Kookgrrls’ weblog which I’m regularly contributing to.
- finish draft Challenge page: rules & link list of previous challenges
- post for January challenge: ‘cooking out of the pantry’
Experience tells me I might be a little disappointed with the work I’ll get done so I’d better not get my hopes up. ;)
Do you want to get some major work done on your blog while partying with the rest of us? There’s still time to join!