Today I went on a hike in the Betuwe with Mr Gnoe. We were supposed to walk for 17.5 km but somehow it turned into 19 (11.8 miles). I’ve got tired little paws now!
Betuwe is known for its fruit production, so we had hoped to see many blossoming trees… Alas, the bad weather of the last few weeks had discarded most of the flowers. Still, we got a bit of sun today and no rain, so we were happy to be outdoors anyway!
Bento #103 came along on our trip, together with a big thermos of tea. Lunch for two in my new Bento Color Box!
- potato salad with peas, gherkin and pickled onions on a bed of radicchio and topped with fresh thyme and wasabi sesame seeds
- ramsons leaf as baran
- small packet of scallion crackers from elma’s surprise packet
- spicy stir-fried veggies (red paprika and zucchini & a little leek) with soy sauce and wasabi sesami topping on radicchio
- ramsons flowers
- poppy seed scones
- buttermilk curd & raspberry jelly
- rosemary & garlic cashews
Round container on the side
- apple slices in lemon juice
Square container on the side
- raw vegetables: cucumber, carrot, celery stalk, ramsons lower stems
- yoghurt-garlic dip for veggies
- lemon olives
I guess I don’t need to tell you we had a feast ;)
Organic & local: thyme, ramsons, radishes
Organic: potato, pickled onions, radicchio, bell pepper, cukes, apple, mayonaise, yoghurt, buttermilk, egg & butter (in scones)
WW propoints: 16 total (= 8 per person)