December, the last month of the year has arrived! Only 25 days left to finish up all 2009 challenges… Got to hurry! Actually, I think I am going to stretch my personal 2008-2009 challenge into 2010 ;)
A more difficult problem to tackle will be reviewing the books I’ve read :\ At the end of this Sunday Salon you’ll find a list of all books I still need to post about…
But first: something wonderful happened this week! Natakiya from Bentoanarchy has given me the Kreativ Blogger Award! Unfortunately I am not too good at the memes which seem to accompany awards, nor very good at passing them along. So instead of really picking it up I will just announce my extreme gratitude here!
Book reviews written in November
- Coraline, ‘my first graphic novel‘. What do you consider to be a graphic novel?
- I Am a Cat (part 1) for the Japanese Literature Read-a-Long. I seem to be more interested in the cat part than the human satire.
Right now I am reading the second part of I Am a Cat. Waiting for me on the shelf is The Gargoyle, this month’s Boekgrrls read — and I’ve been looking forward to it for a year now!
Books read in November
- In Cold Blood, by Truman Capote
- The Old Capital, by Yasunari Kawabata
- Persuasion (audio), by Jane Austen
Books waiting to be reviewed
In order of priority.
- The Old Capital ~ Yasunari Kawabata
Japanese Literature Book Group, JapLit Challenge, Classics Challenge
- In Cold Blood ~ Truman Capote
Classics Challenge, What’s in a Name Challenge, Boekgrrls
- The Grapes of Wrath ~ John Steinbeck
Classics Challenge, Bookcrossing book, personal 2008-2009 challenge
- Brideshead Revisited ~ Evelyn Waugh
Classics, What’s in a Name Challenge, Boekgrrls
- Revolutionary Road ~ Richard Yates
Classics Challenge, Boekgrrls
- The Remains of the Day ~ Kazuo Ishiguro
What’s in a Name Challenge, personal 2008-2009 challenge
- Be With You ~ Takuji Ichikawa