Time flies when you’re having fun! Last Tuesday it was two years ago, on June 16th 2007, that I made my first real bento! I brought a lunch for two on a 16 km hike, in my first actual bento box. Of course I decided to use this blue usagi sakura box for my anniversary bento (#54) as well!
I like to think that the dots behind the white cherry blossoms (sakura) are full moons, since in Japanese culture rabbits (usagi) are often depicted with these mochi-tsuki. I still love this bento box a lot, but I use it less than my favourite flower lunchbox because that one’s smaller. Anyway, I’m getting distracted ;)
- sakura muscat white chocolate
- 3 sesame-soy rice crackers
- 3 yoghurt coated (dried) apricots
- 3 mini plum tomatoes
- mix of roasted black & white sesame with a bit of walnut and nori to go on the spinach (in the other tier)
- quickly stirfried spinach with spring onion, kikkoman soy sauce and sake, topped with walnut and nori
- (more radishes
- scrambled egg with tomato and basil
Scrambled eggs with tomato is my favourite egg dish since childhood :) But it was all REALLY good!
ICHI, NI, SAN, SHI — on to year no.3 (&4)! :)