Ouch, almost a year has gone by since I posted in my journal! Time flies — and there’s too little of it anyway! But I’m still going to adopt a new hobby, taking up even more time ;)
I have loved bento boxes from the minute I laid eyes on them (although I didn’t know what they were called for quite some time) and today I discovered that making bento lunches is an art of its own! Wow, I would really like to try my hand at that. Just a few buts…
- I don’t have a bento box yet; got to get one quickly! Until then ordinary Tupperware will have to do.
- There are not a lot of vegetarian bento makers around so I have a hard time finding example recipes. Better be creative myself!
- I do not have a lot of time in the mornings… So I’m glad to have come across Lunch in a box speed tips.
- I would prefer to make real Japanese lunches but I can’t cook Japanese ;) Luckily my husband knows a little about that. But if I wanna use leftovers (etc.) I should not stick to Japanese food LOL.
- I am trying to lose a little weight, not gain it! I’m not sure what’s gonna happen when I exchange my usual sandwiches for a real meal ;)
- There’s no way I can reheat my food at work so I guess I can’t bring hot foods. Limiting my possibilities even more…
Well, I think I am just going to concentrate on getting nice small cold meals together and not try any of the arty crafts ;)
To be continued… I hope!