I’ve got a busy week coming up with the start of VeganMoFo on October 1st. I haven’t been able to blog much lately and now I’m supposed to post daily and share the wonders of eating without animal products for a whole Vegan Month of Food! But more about that later.
As usual I’ve planned my meals for the next few days so that I won’t have to think about that any more, nor run to the shops at the very last minute. Every little bit helps in finding time and peace to participate in the blogfest!
Now here’s our veggie haul.
- Red Batavia lettuce
- Santana apples (hypo-allergenic)
- Rucola (rocket)
- Corn cob
- Patisson pumpkin
Other stuff in/around my fridge: carrots, chickpeas, roasted paprika, cauliflower, coconut milk, pumpkin & butternut squash, zucchini, cabbage, mushrooms, cilantro and some leftovers.
So here’s the menu.
Menu plan 28 September – 3 October
- Lettuce soup, leftovers lentil-beetroot salad and Greek chickpea salad, bakeoff bread [Friday]
- Seitan stroganoff, minty bulgar with leek (A vegan taste of Greece p.76)
or Oven-braised potatoes and leek (p.67)[Saturday]
- Dal Tarka with cauliflower (possibly peas) but without sweet potato, roasted butternut squash with coriander seeds (Veganomicon p.112), basmati rice and (prefab) papadums. Maybe some mint dip [Sunday]
- Patisson soup and casserole with potato mash, leftover sautéed cabbage & roasted pepper, blue ‘sheese’ and a nutty crumble on top [Monday]
- Something improvised from the pantry, leftovers, takeaway – what ever’s easy [Tuesday]
- Stuffed courgette, fennel-avocado salad (A vegan taste of Greece p.89), bakeoff bread [Wednesday]
- Sometime during the week I also hope to make some roasted pepper houmous.
You’re welcome at our table if you see anything you like! :)