Fifteen minutes is not enough to start a new book in the 24 hour Readathon. So I’m taking a sneak preview on the End of the Event Meme questions by copying those of last April! The weather is unusually great here so as soon as the readathon finishes at 1400 hrs, I want to go outside and enjoy it! Exercise!
- Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hour 15 (5am in the morning here). I threw in the towel and went to sleep for a few hours. I could have read on but decided not to make myself go grumpy ;)
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Haven’t read it this readathon, but I’d like to recommend Trespass by Valerie Martin.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Everything went particularly well, didn’t it? For me, I’m glad I made it easy for myself this time by picking books in my native language.
- How many books did you read?
Four. Or actually 3 and my complete backlog of entries in the Pillow Book read-along.
- What were the names of the books you read?
The Following Story by Cees Nooteboom (buddy-read), The Pillow Book by Sei Shonagon, Adèle and the Beast & Monsters All! from the series Les Avontures Extraordinaires d’Adèle Blanc-Sec by Tardi.
- Which book did you enjoy most?
The Following Story by Cees Nooteboom. I hadn’t expected to like this much! And I feel really accomplished by having caught up in the Pillow Book, since we’re only a few weeks from the end of the read-along. But most of all, I’m *so* happy that the readathon helped me out of my reading slump of the last weeks! Yay!
- Which did you enjoy least?
Nothing really; I really enjoyed everything I’ve read!
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I wasn’t a cheerleader but I’m very grateful to those who were! Kudos to all, not just the cheerleaders but everyone behind the scenes!
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
This was my 3rd 24 hour read-a-thon, can’t you tell I’m addicted? ;) So yes, I would like to participate again in April, although I’ve noticed the spring RaT is harder than the one in fall! Even though the days are longer then…
I’ve spent 8 hours and 40 minutes actually reading (counting really strictly). Double that for the time I could be found in the bloggosphere and on twitter — all readathon related!
So, have you all enjoyed it as much as I did? What did you like best?
Have a nice Sunday!