As you know I have joined next year’s What’s in a Name challenge, hosted by Beth F. Even though it is not compulsory I decided to try and compile a list of books fitting the categories — just to keep myself on track. Of course I might change titles along the way.
- Category food: Living Among Meat Eaters by Carol J. Adams (non-fiction), or The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David Mitchell (‘Zoet’ in this title being a Dutch surname meaning ‘sweet’).
* read in April – May *
- Category body of water: Last Night in Twisted River by John Irving,
or The Sea, The Sea by Iris Murdoch.
* read in July *
- Category title: The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa.
* read in January *
- Category plant: The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.
* read in August *
And The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger.
* read in August – September *
- Category place name: Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi ( an ancient capital, Unesco World Heritage Site in what is now Iran)
* read in September *
Or The China Lover by Ian Buruma.
- Category music term: Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger.
* read in April *
And Silence by Shusaku Endo.
* read in June *
Can I start now? Please? ;)